At West Point Dental Care we are dedicated to helping our patients receive the best in oral healthcare
Looking after your teeth can help to prevent a series of more serious problems down the track. With regular brushing and flossing as well as visits to the dentist you can help to maintain your natural healthy teeth for longer.
10 tips for looking after your teeth
Here are some tips to help you maintain your teeth for longer:
- Brush your teeth—minimum—twice a day
- Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride
- Brush for at least 2.5 minutes
- Floss every day, at least once a day
- Keep acidic drinks to a minimum—always drink water after soft drink, juice, and wine to minimise their affect.
- Keep sugary foods to a minimum
- If you play any sort of sports wear a mouthguard
- Save a knocked out tooth: it is possible to reattach a knocked out tooth
- Avoid using your teeth as a bottle opener
- Visit West Point Dental Care for check-ups twice a year.