You may have plenty of queries like – How could you ease your little ones teething discomfort? How long does it take for a complete teething? Does the kid get hurt while teething? No need to worry about this! Dentist in Blacktown suggests some essential tips to take care your little ones!
You may feel that your child is too young for oral care. However, the baby tooth leaves the foundation for your child’s permanent teeth. Hence proper dental care at the teething phase is vital for your child’s oral as well as overall health!
Facts To Know About Teething:
The time at which your child’s teeth begin to breakthrough is known as “teething”. Teething is one of the important phases of your child’s oral maturity. This may happen within 6 to 12 months from their birth. Teething time varies in each child. Teething irritates your kids. Professional Dentist in Blacktown states some common symptoms of teething which includes:
- Gum swelling, ear rubbing, increased saliva flow and red cheeks.
- Inflammation of the gums makes your baby cry often.
- Teething tends your baby to scrap which may even lead to facial rashes.
- You could notice that your kid is trying to chew the fingers since chewing relieves the discomfort of teething.
- Due to the teething distress, Babies often tend to sleep less and stay awake.
These discomforts caused by teething would be fine within few days. In case, if they persist for a long time, immediately take your little ones to the Blacktown dentist who sources the purpose of your child’s discomfort and makes them stay cool.
How To Calm Your Kids While Teething?
Dentist strongly recommends the following things to reduce your child’s teething discomfort:
- Teething toys and rings keep your little one diverted from the pain. During this stage, they want to chew on anything in their reach, so get them toys which are safe and hygienic.
- Smoothly rubbing your fingers over their gums makes them stay calm. But, ensure that your hands are neat and tidy while rubbing.
- After feedings, wipe your baby’s newly evolving teeth with a sterile and moist washcloth.
- Start regular dental check-ups by the first birthday. Blacktown dental clinic affords trained and skilful professionals who offer the best paediatric dental treatment for your infants.
- When the tooth has wholly erupted, practise them to brush with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- When your child turns two, start to add toothpaste to their brushing routine. As soon as they establish two teeth next to each other, begin flossing. When they attain five, they may be ready to start brushing on their own.
Teething is one of the crucial phases of the child’s growth. Babies require complete care during teething since it’s essential for their oral as well as overall future health!